Insurance Claims

insurance billing as a benefit for all our customers

Texas Dry Out & Restoration provides insurance billing as a benefit for all our customers.  We have many years of success at managing claims for our customers.  Texas Dry Out & Restoration’s documentation process and knowledge of insurance claims enables our customers to focus on getting back to their daily lives instead of the details of their water loss.

When a sudden accidental event occurs resulting in the flooding of your home, your homeowners’ insurance will most likely cover the water damage clean-up, dry out, and restoration.  While each insurance company has different policies, terms, and conditions, most policies cover water intrusion as a “covered peril.”   It’s important to fully understand your policy.  Our mitigation specialists can help you determine whether your damages fall under your insurance coverage.

To file a claim, contact your insurance agent or company as soon as possible. Ask about forms or documents you’ll need to support your claim. You’re also required to protect your home from further damage. For example, you might need to board it up or clean up water from a backed-up drain.

The insurance company will assign a claims adjuster to assess the damages and determine the payment. These adjusters may be employees of the company or independent contractors. You should cooperate with the adjuster’s investigation of your claim. The adjuster will probably want to meet with you at your house to inspect the damage. Jot down notes and keep track of the dates of any conversations you have with your insurance agent or adjuster.

If there are disagreements between you, the insurer and the claims adjuster, first try to resolve them with your insurer. Don’t feel rushed or pushed to agree with something you aren’t comfortable with. It might help to have your contractor meet with you and the insurance adjuster.

Keep Copies Of All Correspondence

Whenever you communicate with your insurance company, be sure to keep copies and records of all correspondence, including information about your telephone and in-person contacts, including the date, name and title of the person you spoke with and what was said.

Ask Questions

If there is a disagreement about the claim settlement, ask the company for the specific language in the policy in question. If this disagreement results in a claim denial, make sure you obtain a written letter explaining the reason for the denial and the specific policy language under which the claim is being denied.

Don’t Rush into a Settlement

If the first offer made by an insurance company does not meet your expectations, be prepared to negotiate to get a fair settlement. If you have any questions regarding the fairness of your settlement, seek professional advice.

A: Homeowners insurance won’t cover water damage from floods, sewage backup, or gradual leaks, but will cover damage from a burst pipe. Homeowners insurance protects your home and personal property against destructive weather, theft and elemental perils like fire or ice.

A: Homeowners insurance may help cover damage caused by leaking plumbing if the leak is sudden and accidental, such as if a washing machine supply hose suddenly breaks or a pipe bursts. … So, if damage results after you fail to repair a leaky toilet, for example, homeowners insurance likely will not pay for repairs.

A: Your homeowners insurance policy should cover any sudden and unexpected water damage due to a plumbing malfunction or broken pipe. However, most home insurance policies exclude damage to your home that occurred gradually, such as a slow, constant leak, as well as damage due to regional flooding.